Friday, January 7, 2011

Still sick and I'm not the only one

Ick! I hate to say it but I am still super duper sick. I hate whining but I don't remember the last time I have been this sick. I lost my voice 5 days ago and have yet to find it (good thing for hubby and kids I guess), I have an ear infection, chest infection, headache, sore throat, really I could go on but I think I already sound pathetic enough. So I sit here with the computer and my nice cup of hot tea in the fabulous mug my BFF gave me for Christmas. She even made the holder thingy.
Also, I'm not the only one sick. My poor dog Abby (my first born) ; ) is terribly sick. She has been throwing up and lethargic for 3 days. We took her to the vet and they think she has the flu (who knew dogs get the flu???) but she still isn't doing well. I feel so down about it since she is 10 years old but I'm hoping she has many more year ahead of her. I feel so sad that we can't do more to help her. She really is the best dog ever. I keep wondering what will happen if she does pass. The girls will be devastated and I can guarantee that I will not cope well since I have had her since she was 10 weeks old.

Isn't she the sweetest!!!
I apologize for such a downer post today. It's not like me to be like this. Here we assume we're going to start the New Years out right and we have had nothing but sickness and sadness. At least the kids aren't sick anymore : )
I do have some good news though which I promise to share next week. I'm thinking Monday????
So please send me lots of get better vibes for both me and my Abby dog.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling so bad Andrea!!!!! It's been a rough winter!! I hope you and your adorable Abby can rest up this weekend and start to feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooooo sorry to hear that you and doggy are sick!! Feel better! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're not well chickie xx Maybe sharing your news will make you feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! I hope you are both feeling better soon! I know how helpless you can feel with a sick or hurting doggie. :(
    ((((Get Well Hugs)))) for both of you!

    ReplyDelete