Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just playing around

Right before Christmas I met with one of the store owners where I teach and discussed what the new trends might be. CHA was fast approaching and we thought it would be fun to see what we thought would be the top items. I said canvas would be huge this year and I was right!!! When I found out Tattered Angels and Prima teamed up to bring us their awesome canvas lines I was ecstatic to say the least.
Anyways, I had a 12x12 mounted canvas piece that I broke out on the weekend to play with. I used some Glimmer Mists, some Glimmer Glam, some distress inks a few stamps and screens and went to town. While creating my 3 year old asked if I could make this canvas for her to hang in her room. How could I say no. So I fond an old picture of her and made her a little artwork ; )

I also used some Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology corrugated elements
I sprayed the entire canvas in a pink Glimmer Mist. I can't give you a name because I actually mixed a few bottles together. Let's just call if softy pink ; )
I then put the butterfly Glimmer Screen down and used Peacock, Apple and Autumn Nights which coincidentally go really well with Sassafras Indie Girl.

I stamped some butterflies with my Studio Calico butterfly stamps and I also stamped some grass with a Stampin' Up stamp using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olive.




I had a lot of fun with this. It was messy and creative and I just love using canvas. I'm sure you'll be seeing more ; )

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us today. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! what a lucky little girl to have such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SMOKES Andrea! I love love love love this!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all that misting and the photo is CUTEEEEEEEEEEEE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous piece of art Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete