Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Double the fun

Happy Wednesday everyone. Thought I would share a layout I created using a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays. I love Sketchy Thursdays. Not only do they have a fabulous DT (some of who I work with over at These are a few of my favourite things)but they also have awesome sketches. When I saw this weeks challenge using a double page I had to work with it.
I've been trying to create more double pages lately because when I teach at the stores that is what the customers want. So here is what I created with this sketch.
I used Studio Calico's March kit to create it. I love the gorgeous colours.

I also created another double page layout using Studio Calico's March kit. I made my Washi tape into a ruffled pleat and machine stitched it. This one was created using a sketch I saw over at Paislee and Polka Dots. I didn't ink edges or anything fancy and I have to say it isn't as nice as when I do put the effort into doing those little touches. So note to self... ink edges.


So if you're up for a challenge head on over to Sketchy Thursdays to play along.
Also, new challenges are up at These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things as well as over at the Design Dollies. Some fabulous prizes are up for grabs,

5 comments:

  1. Cute! Love how you used the die cut paper! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love both of these my dearest! I loveeeeeeee all the photos and the butterflies on your first one!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages!!! Love how you did the circle on the first page. :) Thanks for playing, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and fun, what happy and cheery pages you have there, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on the double (I so struggle with doubles)...your stitching was fantastic and who can say no to butterflies!

    ReplyDelete