Monday, April 5, 2010

What's new?

How was everyone's Easter? Ours was crazy! Good Friday we ended up having a wicked coastal storm and had no power from 9 am until 8 pm. Since we are new to Island living we weren't sure what to make of this. Apparently we do indeed get storms like this from time to time. Today we have lots of sunshine and it's warm out too.
Since we had no power I decided to get a little scrapbooking done. The first layout is one I did using the sketch from a sketch class I'm doing through Kelly Purkey- http://kellypurkey.typepad.com/
I don't usually use sketches unless I'm really stuck but this class shows you how to take a sketch and make it your own. I like it.

This second layout I did is really clean and simple. Not a lot to it. It did however take me quite a while. I made the flower with tissue paper and the background is all rolled paper.

Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. great layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your LO's! The rolled paper looks FABulous...love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love the rolled pp. So simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed a post by our mutual follower Julie's blog. I am so glad I did...what sweet layouts you have! I adore this idea of the rolled paper. I look forward to seeing more of your work :)

    If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you too :) You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW....I hope you make it to 20 followers :) I make 17, I think...a few more hours to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH....never seen this done with the rolled paper...how clever!!
    Ohhh and those photos!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete